The process of adding pages is quite similar to adding posts:
1. Go to Pages > Add New
2. Enter a title and some content.
3. Select a page template or leave the default (more on this in Page Template article).
4. Setup the custom header. Just like above, you can either add a slider, an image or some iframe content.
5. Choose a custom background (optional - if a global background for all pages is set, that one will be used, but it can be overwritten any time in single posts).
6. Insert all of your remaining content in the content area. You can have images, paragraphs, shortcodes, etc..
7. Write a few words excerpt (it is good for search results and SEO to have an excerpt, no matter what kind of content do you have in your page).
8. Hit “Publish” and you’re all done.
Here is a video with the Shorcodes generator & page settings:
As you might already noticed, there are a few Page Templates available for you to use. Each template will configure your page to look and act in a different way.
1. Default Template
This is the default template and it outputs exactly the content of the page, without any modifications.
This page outputs all the posts that you have in your blog. It uses a the grid and it accepts no content, since the content will be automatically taken from the database.
This page is a custom contact page. It has a fullscreen map, some contact info and a contact form. All the fields are controlled from the Page Options and the options are carefully detailed there.
4. Fullscreen Slideshow
This page acts just like a gallery post type slider, being a full screen swiping slider which can be used for showcasing or as an alternate homepage.
5. Fullscreen Video
A simple page with a fullscreen video in it.
6. Gallery / Portfolio
These pages acts just like the blog, the only difference being that they display all of the gallery / portfolio projects. The style of these pages can be set in the Theme Customizer (as explained above) and just like the blog page, these do not allow for any extra content.