Issues with the XML Import
First of all, you need to remember that the default WordPress XML Importer is not perfect! It isn't part of the theme, it's just something basic provided by WordPress, so if it fails sometimes, this isn't a theme issue.
Now, if you encounter errors like this:
A certain media file already exists! or Media failed!
It is probably because you have imported the content more than once. All the media files should only load once. If you see the first error, no problem. If certain media elements fail to load, again it is not an issue, because the media elements aren't fully included in the downloadable contents anyways. You get blurred images, since the original files are copyrighted.
A certain page could not be loaded
This happens because the theme doesn't have the proper post types. So for example:
- If some product pages do not load, it means that you don't have the WooCommerce plugin installed on your theme. Install it, then run the importer again. If you don't want to use a shop in your theme, then why would you bother with products, which you clearly don't need?
- If some portfolio items do not load, it means that you don't have the Krown Portfolio plugin installed on your theme. Install it, then run the importer again.
Here are some suggestions that you can try in order to fix the import issues:
- contact your hosting company about this and try increasing your PHP memory limit to 256MB/512 MB;
- when importing the demo content, leave the "import attachments" option unchecked if importing with attachments fails;
- re-download the xml file to make sure it's not an issue from the download;
- make sure that when you do the import you let it run a while.
Even if there are errors with the XML Importer, these are not critical errors! You still get most of what you see online and most of what we can do with this third party plugin. Continue your work, setup the menus, widget areas, and then edit what you have.