The process of adding projects is quite similar to adding posts:
1. Go to Portfolio > Add New
2. Enter a title and some content.
3. Choose a category or more. This is a must, because these categories will be used to filter projects in the grid.
4. Set a featured image. The size of the featured images depends on the number of columns that you want to use and whether you want this to be retina ready or not, but as a general rule, you should upload images as large as possible and let the theme do the cropping. Or you’re really picky about thumbnails, these are the sizes:
- 4 columns - 220x165 at double 440x330
- 3 columns - 300x225 at double 600x450
- 2 columns - 460x345 at double 920x690
5. Write some content. You can use the Page Builder to achieve complex layouts.
6. Setup a slider. You can combine images with all kinds of videos and achieve the perfect slider for your project. Or, if you don’t want to, you can leave the slider out. It’s not required.
7. Write a few words excerpt(it is good for search results and SEO to have an excerpt, no matter what kind of content do you have in your page).
8. Hit “Publish” and you’re all done.
You’ll see two sections below the content window. These sections control everything related to the projects.
This is the actual gallery. When you choose to create the gallery you will be taken to the WordPress default Media Manager. With it you can upload a large amount of images for your project or choose images from the media library, thus being able to save a lot of time when creating your projects.
Make sure that you don’t exaggerate with the number of images in each project, because each image will make the project load slower.
About sizes, just use whatever you’re comfortable with. There is no default or optimal size, since all the projects are highly customizable and support anything. A final note, your images will never be resized more than their original size!