These are the default steps that you need to do in order to add a blog post:
1. Go to Posts > Add New
2. Enter a title and some content.
3. Select a post category.
4. Add some relevant tags.
5. Add a featured image (optional - posts without featured images will simply miss the image in the post grid).
6. Setup the custom header of the post (you can either add a slider, an image or some iframe content). Make sure that you write a height for your header. All of these options are carefully detailed, so there’s no need for more pointers here.
7. Choose a custom background (optional - if a global background for all posts is set, that one will be used, but it can be overwritten any time in single posts).
8. Insert all of your remaining content in the content area. You can have images, paragraphs, etc..
9. Write a few words excerpt (it is good for search results and SEO to have an excerpt, no matter what kind of content do you have in your post).
10. Hit “Publish” and you’re all done.